COVID-19 has been tough for everyone, but it gives us all the more reason to celebrate the people we love and show them that we care about them. Are you wondering how you can celebrate Mother's Day during COVID-19? Here, we have some ideas that you should find useful.
Flower and Gift Delivery
If you don’t live with your mother, it may be a bit challenging to celebrate together this year, depending on where you are in the world. You can’t go wrong with flower and gift deliveries, though!
Mother's Day Flowers are a perfect, beautiful gift that you can have delivered on Mother’s Day, ensuring they arrive in time and letting your mom know how special she is to you.
Make sure your Mother's Day flower delivery is special by selecting the perfect bunch of flowers or arrangement. There are so many options, so all you have to do is pick something that matches your mom’s personality and style! Here are some flower ideas:
- Carnations — the classic choice for mother’s day, still a beautiful choice. Pink carnations symbolize a mother’s love, and look beautiful displayed in any room.
- Roses — no longer just a Valentine’s day flower, a bunch of roses could be just perfect for mother’s day, too. Red roses might not be the best choice, although there are no rules. Both pink and white roses could be a better choice, but yellow can be a cheery option bound to bring joy to your mom.
- Peonies — peonies are beautiful, luxurious flowers that can look incredible paired with rustic decor inside of a mason jar.
- Sunflowers — who doesn’t love a big, bold, happy sunflower display?
- Orchids — a bunch of orchids or even an orchid plant could make the perfect statement delivered on Mother’s day morning. They look absolutely stunning in any setting!
- Tulips — bright tulips can look stunning in a 15 or 30 stem arrangement.
- Lilies — lilies are a classic choice, but you could always go for a unique arrangement by selecting rainbow lilies!
Flowers are not the only Mother's Day gifts that you can have delivered. Chocolates can be delivered alongside your flower arrangement, giving your mother a sweet treat as well as an aesthetically pleasing gift. More Mother's Day gift delivery ideas include:
- A gift basket
- A coffee/tea/wine basket
- A gift voucher
- A thoughtful, handwritten card
Planning Mother’s Day Brunch
If you’re lucky enough to live with your mom, then perhaps you could plan a DIY Brunch! You may not be able to take her out to a fancy restaurant or hotel for a meal, but you can definitely put the effort in to cook her something yummy yourself. Preparing the perfect Mother's Day brunch takes a little planning, so make sure you don’t leave this until the last minute! You could make her:
- A delicious stack of pancakes with fruit, ice cream, and a sweet sauce drizzle
- A belgian waffle with ice cream
- Hash Browns, bacon, eggs, and good coffee
- A quiche
- Smoked salmon with egg salad
It’s a good idea to make something that you have made before, so that you don’t stress out or make any mistakes as you get to work. Decorate your home, perhaps even use garland and balloons to make your mom feel extra special. You can then use place settings on the table, and of course, a beautiful flower arrangement centerpiece for the perfect finish.
If you’re a confident chef and proficient at many meals, why not present your mom with a fancy menu, allow her to pick exactly what she wants to eat, and then go out and purchase the ingredients? You can then whip up everything she has chosen super fresh, and make her feel like a queen! Oh, and don’t let her lift a finger afterwards — that means doing the washing up, drying up, and making sure the kitchen is as clean and pristine as it was before you made food.
If you don’t live with your mom but you still want her to have a delicious meal courtesy of you, you could send the fresh ingredients to her door, alongside instructions to make her own yummy DIY brunch. Don’t forget to send her the flowers so she can finish setting the scene herself and enjoy her food in luxury!
If you are looking for a local florist with fresh flowers available, check out Anastasia Blooms who serves our local Port Richey, FL community.